One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of riding in which a rider rises from the saddle on every second stride of a horse's trotting pace.
- ‘God, an hour of rising trot for the first time in a year and I can't walk upstairs for two days.’
- ‘He forgot about the rising trot, and instead learnt how to sit an American saddle, how to canter like a true cowboy.’
- ‘After all that practice, a beautiful rising trot!’
- ‘Sitting trot no stirrups, after 3 circuits, rising trot no stirrups for 4 circuits then free walk after 4 circuits for further instructions.’
- ‘In my defense I was at the point of the down in the rising trot so gravity is pulling my face down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.