One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of parallel wavy ridges and furrows left on sand, mud, or rock by the action of water or wind.
- ‘Furthermore, to add to the evidence for catastrophic burial, the authors tell of fossil raindrops and ripple marks being found at the site.’
- ‘The absence of symmetrical ripple marks indicates that the site of deposition was protected from wave action.’
- ‘The land undulates with huge ripple marks, but the desert-like canyon walls of Dry Falls are all that now remains of the once, and briefly, impressive waterfall.’
- ‘The second clue is that many of the rocks have very conspicuous ripple marks on, which at least at first glance resemble those we might find on a common day seashore.’
- ‘The pattern of ripple marks and other features locked in southwestern Utah's sandstone indicates that the mineral grains had been blown in from those directions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.