One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The skill of the winemaker in these circumstances is to blend all the different regions, vineyards and levels of ripeness into a house style.’
- ‘We grow only the best-tasting varieties and we pick and sell them at the perfect ripeness or maturity.’
- ‘However, weather can trick the plant, meaning sugar levels can indicate ripeness while the pip of the grape remains hard or green.’
- ‘Better to await ripeness to avoid bitter fruit.’
- ‘A mango in Thailand isn't just a mango - there are many varieties, which mature at different times of year, so there is always some variety at its peak of ripeness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.