One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the midst of the chaos and their pain, they still managed to aid us in stopping the rioters from causing further damage.’
- ‘The average prison sentence for an adult rioter was just over four years, while juveniles were imprisoned for an average of almost 20 months.’
- ‘The 26-year-old was seen on video as a front-line rioter, hurling a petrol bomb and stones.’
- ‘Larger groups of peasants now dropped their disguises: tax offices were raided and forges destroyed as rioters openly confronted local power-holders and the state rather than their employees.’
- ‘A 15-year-old front line rioter was locked up for a year yesterday after being filmed bombarding police with missiles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.