One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a movement of young feminists associated with aggressive punk-style rock music.
- ‘Many a future riot grrrl was raised on the Swedish superbrat heroine of Astrid Lindgren's best-selling children's books, but whether modern kids will take to her is questionable.’
- ‘I thought, since we already went through riot grrrl in the early '90s, that women playing in bands, especially punk bands, had a lot more freedom, but I was sadly deluded.’
- ‘We're not trying to align ourselves with riot grrrl or being a girl band, but there's no doubt that being a girl making music is still a politicized thing to do.’
- ‘My girl's a hot girl, a riot girl and she's angry at the world!’
- ‘Anecdotal evidence suggests that more and more feminist and riot grrrl zines are being produced by UK women and girls.’
- ‘This is a zine made up from a load of articles by different people within the riot girl scene in London and surrounding areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.