One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prehistoric earthwork, especially an Iron Age hill fort, defended by circular ramparts and ditches.
- ‘And the area was steeped in history with a massive ring fort nearby.’
- ‘The society celebrated Heritage week by engaging in a guided walk to the ring fort at Knocklong on September 7.’
- ‘The Celts also introduced the ring fort, which remained the basis of the social structure of pre-Christian Ireland.’
- ‘There is also a thatched roundhouse, ring fort and stone chamber.’
- ‘Scattered remnants and fragments of our ancient history are to be found abundantly in the North West in the form of cairns, dolmens and ring forts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.