One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bound in a ring binder.
- ‘He scrutinised some sort of list that was contained in his ring-bound notebook.’
- ‘He put two dollars on the counter and pulled a pen and a small, ring-bound notebook out of his shirt pocket, in which he began scribbling madly, offering up a quick prayer at the same time.’
- ‘To perform approved maintenance on an engine, a shop must have the proper overhaul manuals, huge ring-bound books which are never cheap.’
- ‘The design, ring-bound but with a hardback cover, is ideal for a manual which will be well-thumbed, while basic techniques are explained practically with easy to follow colour diagrams from the beginning.’
- ‘Sheets upon sheets of paper collected around her, constantly falling from ring-bound notebooks, charcoal sketches, short, gasping poems, stories that continued from one notebook to the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.