One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting guns whose cartridges have the primer around the edge of the base.‘a modern .22 rimfire rifle’‘small copper-coloured rimfire cartridges’
- ‘The hammer is equipped with a manual firing pin selector, which allows the shooter to use rimfire and centerfire barrels on the same frame.’
- ‘Increases occurred in shotshell and centerfire rifle cartridge sales, while rimfire ammunition sales sagged.’
- ‘At this time I had the chance to test fire a variety of their rimfire loads.’
- ‘These early Ballards were all chambered for rimfire cartridges, and featured an external, manually operated extractor.’
- ‘It is the longest straight-walled rimfire cartridge in production, and getting an even wall thickness is difficult and critical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.