Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting guns whose cartridges have the primer around the edge of the base.‘a modern .22 rimfire rifle’‘small copper-coloured rimfire cartridges’
- ‘The hammer is equipped with a manual firing pin selector, which allows the shooter to use rimfire and centerfire barrels on the same frame.’
- ‘Increases occurred in shotshell and centerfire rifle cartridge sales, while rimfire ammunition sales sagged.’
- ‘It is the longest straight-walled rimfire cartridge in production, and getting an even wall thickness is difficult and critical.’
- ‘These early Ballards were all chambered for rimfire cartridges, and featured an external, manually operated extractor.’
- ‘At this time I had the chance to test fire a variety of their rimfire loads.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.