Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Pâté made of minced pork or other light meat, seasoned and combined with fat.‘toothsome rillettes of shredded pork in duck fat’
- ‘In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sear the rillettes on all sides.’
- ‘The first thing out of the kitchen was a nice charcuterie platter decked with smoky pork rillettes and ribbons of fresh ham and prosciutto.’
- ‘For the rabbit rillettes, preheat the oven to 275 degrees.’
- ‘Recipes for using rabbit meat in cold dishes such as brawn or rillettes and galantines are also encountered.’
- ‘To serve, place some salad in the center of a plate and place some of the foie gras rillettes in the center.’
French, diminutive (plural) of Old French rille strip of pork.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.