One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pâté made of minced pork or other light meat, seasoned and combined with fat.‘toothsome rillettes of shredded pork in duck fat’
- ‘In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sear the rillettes on all sides.’
- ‘Recipes for using rabbit meat in cold dishes such as brawn or rillettes and galantines are also encountered.’
- ‘To serve, place some salad in the center of a plate and place some of the foie gras rillettes in the center.’
- ‘The first thing out of the kitchen was a nice charcuterie platter decked with smoky pork rillettes and ribbons of fresh ham and prosciutto.’
- ‘For the rabbit rillettes, preheat the oven to 275 degrees.’
French, diminutive (plural) of Old French rille ‘strip of pork’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.