One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing agreement or assent.‘‘Coming to pick up the kids?’ ‘Righto.’’
all right, alright, very well, of course, by all means, sure, certainly, absolutely, indeed, affirmative, in the affirmative, agreed, rogerView synonyms
- ‘Scatter your vocabulary with words such as ‘righty-ho’, ‘lovely’, ‘super’ and ‘artichoke’’
- ‘I exercise my right to say ‘right-ho’ whenever I feel like it.’’
- ‘Anyway, thanks a bunch to those of you who have still stuck around. I know I'm a pain for taking so long to update, but it's not really my fault, righto?’
- ‘‘Righto,’ I say. ‘Let's do it.’’
- ‘I'm perfectly happy to say ‘righto Geraldo, you just keep on Geraldo-ing over there in Afghanistan.’’
- ‘‘Yeah, righto,’ he said, adding with the sneer still in his voice, ‘I suppose you can swim, can you?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.