One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing agreement or assent.‘‘Coming to pick up the kids?’ ‘Righto.’’
all right, alright, very well, of course, by all means, sure, certainly, absolutely, indeed, affirmative, in the affirmative, agreed, rogerView synonyms
- ‘I'm perfectly happy to say ‘righto Geraldo, you just keep on Geraldo-ing over there in Afghanistan.’’
- ‘‘Righto,’ I say. ‘Let's do it.’’
- ‘Anyway, thanks a bunch to those of you who have still stuck around. I know I'm a pain for taking so long to update, but it's not really my fault, righto?’
- ‘‘Yeah, righto,’ he said, adding with the sneer still in his voice, ‘I suppose you can swim, can you?’’
- ‘I exercise my right to say ‘right-ho’ whenever I feel like it.’’
- ‘Scatter your vocabulary with words such as ‘righty-ho’, ‘lovely’, ‘super’ and ‘artichoke’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.