One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Situated furthest to the right.
- ‘For the linear model of Equation 1, the expected mean squares are listed in the rightmost column of Table 1.’
- ‘The genes in the genetic map between the leftmost gene and the rightmost gene deleted by each deficiency (confirmed by complementation tests) were regarded as those deleted by the deficiency.’
- ‘The argument rather is that you can't fight the victory of the rightmost forces by sacrificing your own independent strength to support elements just the next step away from them.’
- ‘The rightmost column in any self-respecting periodic table should certainly be the noble gases (Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon, Ununoctium).’
- ‘There is nowhere other than the far right slot to put the USB 2.0 connectors, and the audio and Firewire ports cannot be moved to the rightmost slot.’
- ‘This chart shows the relationships in the rightmost column of the previous table.’
- ‘The results presented in Table 3 are calculated similarly to those in the rightmost columns of Table 2, except that no limitation has been placed on annual SIPP payments.’
- ‘The two leftmost parts show the main effects of QTL on chromosomes 4 and 11 and the rightmost part shows their joint effect.’
- ‘In the rightmost panel, protein P has lost one interaction and gained a new interaction partner, whereas protein P * has lost two interactions.’
- ‘Mean proportions for both states during testing are shown on the two rightmost columns.’
- ‘When a photo without the flash (but a light source directly in front) is taken, the cover tends to blend in better with the finish of the case, as shown in the rightmost photo.’
- ‘The black shading of the rightmost and leftmost bars indicate the number of splits with support values of exactly 0 or 1, that is, outside the range of the parametric bootstrap.’
- ‘This game involves 3 poles, and a number of rings with holes in the middle, of differing sizes, with the largest at the bottom and the smallest at the top, all on the rightmost pole.’
- ‘On the penny, the letters ‘KG’ appear below the rightmost maple leaf.’
- ‘However, once you start pulling data from external memory, as in the rightmost 2 columns, the weak point of the VIA chipset becomes apparent.’
- ‘The rightmost animal (E P / E P) is white with black spots; this is similar to the phenotype observed in Pietrain pigs (not shown).’
- ‘Notice how the rightmost angle of the formation also resembles the apex of a symmetrical triangle pattern and is suggestive of a breakout.’
- ‘The rightmost lane in each case is the final, completely spliced product: No cassette exons that might be associated with the recursive splice sites were detected at any stage.’
- ‘Mutants were divided into six complementation classes, A - F, as indicated in the rightmost column.’
- ‘The two rightmost columns in the original table are replaced by three columns in the corrected table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.