One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Situated furthest to the right.
- ‘Notice how the rightmost angle of the formation also resembles the apex of a symmetrical triangle pattern and is suggestive of a breakout.’
- ‘The results presented in Table 3 are calculated similarly to those in the rightmost columns of Table 2, except that no limitation has been placed on annual SIPP payments.’
- ‘The black shading of the rightmost and leftmost bars indicate the number of splits with support values of exactly 0 or 1, that is, outside the range of the parametric bootstrap.’
- ‘However, once you start pulling data from external memory, as in the rightmost 2 columns, the weak point of the VIA chipset becomes apparent.’
- ‘The two leftmost parts show the main effects of QTL on chromosomes 4 and 11 and the rightmost part shows their joint effect.’
- ‘The genes in the genetic map between the leftmost gene and the rightmost gene deleted by each deficiency (confirmed by complementation tests) were regarded as those deleted by the deficiency.’
- ‘The rightmost lane in each case is the final, completely spliced product: No cassette exons that might be associated with the recursive splice sites were detected at any stage.’
- ‘The rightmost column in any self-respecting periodic table should certainly be the noble gases (Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon, Ununoctium).’
- ‘The rightmost animal (E P / E P) is white with black spots; this is similar to the phenotype observed in Pietrain pigs (not shown).’
- ‘Mutants were divided into six complementation classes, A - F, as indicated in the rightmost column.’
- ‘In the rightmost panel, protein P has lost one interaction and gained a new interaction partner, whereas protein P * has lost two interactions.’
- ‘On the penny, the letters ‘KG’ appear below the rightmost maple leaf.’
- ‘When a photo without the flash (but a light source directly in front) is taken, the cover tends to blend in better with the finish of the case, as shown in the rightmost photo.’
- ‘The argument rather is that you can't fight the victory of the rightmost forces by sacrificing your own independent strength to support elements just the next step away from them.’
- ‘For the linear model of Equation 1, the expected mean squares are listed in the rightmost column of Table 1.’
- ‘Mean proportions for both states during testing are shown on the two rightmost columns.’
- ‘The two rightmost columns in the original table are replaced by three columns in the corrected table.’
- ‘This game involves 3 poles, and a number of rings with holes in the middle, of differing sizes, with the largest at the bottom and the smallest at the top, all on the rightmost pole.’
- ‘This chart shows the relationships in the rightmost column of the previous table.’
- ‘There is nowhere other than the far right slot to put the USB 2.0 connectors, and the audio and Firewire ports cannot be moved to the rightmost slot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.