Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A telescopic sight on a rifle.
- ‘Even more than riflescopes, the improvement in bullets over the last several decades has been phenomenal.’
- ‘Bushnell offers an extensive line of binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, rangefinders, telescopes and night vision products.’
- ‘Leupold & Stevens deserves credit for bringing us the first high-quality riflescopes designed expressly with short-range rifles in mind.’
- ‘It offers a dealer who buys 12 Weaver riflescopes, three pairs of Weaver binoculars free.’
- ‘So it's no surprise that since the turn of the century, Zeiss riflescopes have had an enviable reputation for superb resolution and contrast, excellent light transmission and reliable adjustments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.