One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's riding dress, consisting of a skirt worn with a double-breasted jacket.
- ‘There were several other young women with her, all in riding habits.’
- ‘I would like to find the black riding habit our lady wore.’
- ‘He saw that she was wearing her riding habit and said, ‘Golden Thunder is down at the track.’’
- ‘Most of us have Victorian-style riding habits that we use for historical events.’
- ‘Pip and Lynn were wearing riding habits, Pip complaining grouchily about having to wear skirts, even split ones.’
- ‘She often wore a green velvet riding habit, and made a striking figure.’
- ‘There are some twenty works painted in the 1870s and 1880s that capture women in street clothes or riding habits that were new to the fashion scene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.