One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be successful.‘the economy will be riding high on the top of the next boom’
- ‘Wanderers were unbeaten in 15 games and at half-time were riding high on the back of goals from John McGinlay and Mark Seagraves.’
- ‘Sounds like you're riding pretty high and you're no doubt attached to the persona you've crafted for yourself.’
- ‘Aviemore snowboarder and world number three Lesley McKenna is riding high on a wave of recent successes.’
- ‘By early August, Democrat hopes of success were riding high.’
- ‘This week they are riding high at number 21 in the UK charts.’
- ‘If he capitalizes and continues to ride high, his championship hopes are good.’
- ‘The Beatles and The Supremes were riding high in the charts when the class of 1964 embarked upon their studies at Lancaster University.’
- ‘It was a close encounter against the second string of a very successful senior side riding high amongst the professional clubs.’
- ‘Still riding high on the success of her Ray Of Light album, she made one of 1999's great singles in Beautiful Stranger.’
- ‘But with the president riding high in public opinion and paying morale boosting visits to his troops, nothing was further from the truth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.