Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘dancehall riddims’non-standard spelling of rhythm
- ‘Specifically, Yanks have come to count on their rap anthems to have easy-flowing verses, a milky R & B hook and riddims built for the dance floor.’
- ‘The title track is one of the album's obvious successes - an exploratory freeform affair created via an intriguing collision of Wesseltoftian improvisation and Garnier's accomplished riddims.’
- ‘This month, I'll give you a basic understanding of some of these punky riddims.’
- ‘For the 10th anniversary, they've released a double-CD featuring dancehall party riddims padded with rootsy and sometimes mushy down-tempo numbers.’
- ‘‘Dancehall reggae is not just about the killer riddims; people the world over love the way we speak,’ the artist has said.’
- ‘Eleven cuts display a keyboard-laden potpourri of Afro-Latin and Brazilian riddims that have been fuelling dance floors worldwide.’
- ‘Add to that a penchant for Jamaican riddims and dub production and you've got an incongruous amalgam that works amazingly well.’
- ‘The now 18-year-old burst onto the scene last year and already has big riddims in her back catalogue.’
- ‘In addition, I catch up on the latest Bajan music and now that Crop Over is around the corner, I'm getting the latest riddims.’
- ‘The words are simple yet profound, and when backed by rolling reggae riddims, intricate harmonies, and masterfully constructed instrumentation, they gain even more meaning and power.’
- ‘We just wanna have tight riddims and really good MCs.’
- ‘For example live we have the opportunity to use a lot of stuff that we wouldn't want to put on a record, like taking other people's vocal tracks to lace over our riddims and things like this.’
- ‘They're hoping the streak continues with the release of Reloaded, which surrounds the groups' edgy lyrics with some newer sounds - reggae and dancehall riddims are all over the new record.’
- ‘Reggae riddims are also present in the cyberpunk tale ‘Nightmare City.’’
- ‘Lightweight Heavy does the same again, conjuring up a certain sound summed up neatly in the title that balances butch, punchy riddims with summery vibes and simple structures that seem multi-dimensional.’
- ‘Tracks like ‘Last Standing Soldier’ and ‘Mr. Officer’ show you why he's praised for bringing reggae dancehall riddims and style to hip-hop.’
- ‘Well things really aren't as bleak as they might seem: the first thing you need to do to get a rapper's delight of mixes and riddims is to unplug the mic.’
- ‘The easiest way to spot a dancehall riddim is by it's wicked wicked lyrics.’
- ‘Venture, who is in his early 30s, said the idea to produce the song came after his desire to use one of Super Cat's riddims.’
- ‘Fortunately, Wiley makes scavenger beats that walk trails of icy keyboard, carrying a sack full of video game sounds, dancehall riddims, and garage time signatures in his quest for the dance floor.’
Representing a Jamaican pronunciation.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.