One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Myiobius also has the long rictal bristles and erythrurus has the rufous tail found in Onychorhynchus and Cnipodectes.’
- ‘The bare interramal skin is dusky, and visible rictal bristles are absent.’
- ‘Of those, two were skeletal, seven were based on plumage or soft-part colors, and five dealt with tarsal scutellations, rictal bristles, and egg color.’
- ‘It also has a tiny beak with a large gape, surrounded by stiff feathers called rictal bristles, which help the bird catch its aerial prey.’
- ‘Incongruously, Myrmothera was separated from Grallaria and Thamnocharis on the basis of the absence of rictal bristles; but Hylopezus, which also lacks rictal bristles, was included in Grallaria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.