One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft white unsalted Italian cheese.
- ‘There are also low fat alternatives to dairy products such as low fat cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, cheddars and yoghurts.’
- ‘Cheese has as much relevance now as it does in winter; especially the fresh goat cheeses and lighter cheeses such as feta, ricotta and mozzarella.’
- ‘In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream and ricotta.’
- ‘Skim ricotta can replace cream cheese on a bagel or in a vegetable dip.’
- ‘The only thing better than torta di ricotta is fresh ricotta straight off the spoon.’
Italian, literally ‘recooked, cooked twice’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.