One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make or become richer.with object ‘the butternut squash richened the gravy’‘a good way to richen your bank account’no object ‘her voice has richened and developed’‘treasuries may richen further’
- ‘In contrast to the Japanese-style sweets sold at Mister Donut, Chang said his recipe is based on the traditional confection, with a crisp outer layer and chewy texture inside that richens the taste.’
- ‘It's also richened and deepened over time, and from day one it's been the perfect complement to the Def Lep sound.’
- ‘But Cora knew it would not be passing soon, for rainstorms were long in Sanjia, richening the soil.’
- ‘Some subtle curving and sculpting has richened the essential shape.’
- ‘If tuning the engine is necessary, begin by richening the fuel mixture or retarding the timing.’
- ‘A higher float level richens the mixture while a lower level makes it leaner.’
- ‘This richens the colour by decreasing the amount of reflection and will give you that deep blue sky you want in your holiday photographs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.