One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nocturnal rat that typically lives in marshy or damp areas, native to America, the Caribbean, and the Galapagos Islands.
Oryzomys and other genera, family Muridae: numerous species
- ‘I'd like to see a Malagasy giant rat though, and a Coue's rice rat, and a naked mole rat, and even a big smelly cane rat.’
- ‘Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.’
- ‘Additionally, the cotton rat and rice rat are the rodent vectors in the southeastern United States for the Black Creek Canal and Bayou viruses, respectively; the whitefooted mouse carries the New York virus in the northeast.’
- ‘The Fernandina rice rat and the Vietnamese warty pig, for example, were both declared extinct by the World Conservation Union in 1996.’
- ‘Pigs destroy the nests of marine turtles; dogs and cats kill land iguanas; black rats are wiping out native rice rats.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.