Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cable for transmitting electronic signals consisting of several insulated wires connected together to form a flat ribbon.
- ‘Yes, it is possible to use a ribbon cable to connect external drives.’
- ‘Attach the two connectors on the new ribbon cable to both your hard disks.’
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘A short ribbon cable connects the PCB to the IDE connector on the hard drive and a molex cable does the same for power.’
- ‘An external disk drive handled long-term file storage and a flat ribbon cable sent data out to the printer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.