Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cable for transmitting electronic signals consisting of several insulated wires connected together to form a flat ribbon.
- ‘A short ribbon cable connects the PCB to the IDE connector on the hard drive and a molex cable does the same for power.’
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘An external disk drive handled long-term file storage and a flat ribbon cable sent data out to the printer.’
- ‘Yes, it is possible to use a ribbon cable to connect external drives.’
- ‘Attach the two connectors on the new ribbon cable to both your hard disks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.