One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The narrative is artful and rhythmical, maintaining a fast and steady pace throughout the movie.’
- ‘Pindar was famous for the complexity and beauty of his poetry, which generally employed a three-part structure using repeated rhythmical patterns of words.’
- ‘The numbers follow with rhythmical regularity, the hush intensifying.’
- ‘The pulse of the verse is kept steady but the rhythmical structure of the whole speech is given a new fluidity by Sophocles' informal treatment of metrical pause.’
- ‘You can't imagine how strange it seemed to be journeying on thus, without any visible cause of progress other than the magical machine, with its flying white breath and rhythmical, unvarying pace… swifter than a bird flies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.