Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of a pop or jazz group supplying the rhythm, generally regarded as consisting of bass and drums and sometimes piano or guitar.
- ‘However, Palo Alto have some good, original material which together with a solid rhythm section and some excellent guitar work certainly hits my spot.’
- ‘The music is much the same as the first album: raw, scratchy, bare bones guitar and a hyperactive rhythm section.’
- ‘The melodic content is brought further to the foreground with the lack of a jazz rhythm section and traditional jazz harmony.’
- ‘Of course, technical guitar work and a tight rhythm section don't alone outweigh Tim's caterwauling.’
- ‘Sometimes it felt like the rhythm section were racing the guitars to see who could get to the end of the song first.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.