Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A guitar part consisting of the chord sequences of a pop or rock song.
- ‘Her 16-year-old brother Rick is on lead guitar, dad Paul on rhythm guitar and veteran Beat Boy Ronnie Carr on bass.’
- ‘Signed up to the world-renowned Universal record label, Lynne Ryan has entertainment in her blood due to the fact that her dad, John, was the singer and played rhythm guitar with The Atlantic Showband.’
- ‘What follows is a fuzzed and phased rhythm guitar workout over which Orridge sings through distorting filters.’
- ‘Singing ‘Sweet Child of Mine’ was Stephen King accompanied by Martin Finn on lead guitar, Johnny Foudy on rhythm guitar, Andrew Griffin on bass and Jody Garvin on drums.’
- ‘Joseph of course had played rhythm guitar, while Evander had sung and played lead guitar.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.