One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A guitar part consisting of the chord sequences of a pop or rock song.
- ‘Signed up to the world-renowned Universal record label, Lynne Ryan has entertainment in her blood due to the fact that her dad, John, was the singer and played rhythm guitar with The Atlantic Showband.’
- ‘Joseph of course had played rhythm guitar, while Evander had sung and played lead guitar.’
- ‘Her 16-year-old brother Rick is on lead guitar, dad Paul on rhythm guitar and veteran Beat Boy Ronnie Carr on bass.’
- ‘Singing ‘Sweet Child of Mine’ was Stephen King accompanied by Martin Finn on lead guitar, Johnny Foudy on rhythm guitar, Andrew Griffin on bass and Jody Garvin on drums.’
- ‘What follows is a fuzzed and phased rhythm guitar workout over which Orridge sings through distorting filters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.