One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for visual purple
- ‘The spectra of the intermediates and the ground forms of the rhodopsin family possess a characteristic common feature.’
- ‘We trace which amino acids contact the chromophore of rhodopsin.’
- ‘It is the reddish purple color of retinal that gives rhodopsin its former name visual purple.’
- ‘We constructed eight mutant rhodopsin proteins and studied the effect of arrestin-mediated deactivation.’
- ‘The newly identified isomerase enzyme plays a crucial role in the regeneration of rhodopsin visual pigment in the retina after light exposure.’
Late 19th century: from Greek rhodon ‘rose’ + opsis ‘sight’ + -in.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.