Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lower plant of the division "Rhodophyta" , which comprises the red algae.
- ‘The present study provides a large data set that will allow us to test these hypotheses in context with the phylogeny of the rhodophyte order the Bangiales.’
- ‘The question mark indicates the uncertain origin of the beta-tubulin sequence ascribed to the rhodophyte Porphyra purpurea.’
- ‘For two important groups, rhodophytes and stramenopiles, we combined more distantly related taxa, since the monophyly of these groups has not been questioned.’
- ‘The cells of rhodophytes are commonly covered by a slimy outer sheath.’
- ‘Almost all living rhodophytes are multicellular.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.