Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lower plant of the division Rhodophyta, which comprises the red algae.
- ‘The cells of rhodophytes are commonly covered by a slimy outer sheath.’
- ‘For two important groups, rhodophytes and stramenopiles, we combined more distantly related taxa, since the monophyly of these groups has not been questioned.’
- ‘The question mark indicates the uncertain origin of the beta-tubulin sequence ascribed to the rhodophyte Porphyra purpurea.’
- ‘Almost all living rhodophytes are multicellular.’
- ‘The present study provides a large data set that will allow us to test these hypotheses in context with the phylogeny of the rhodophyte order the Bangiales.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.