One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yuan et al. restricted Baculiphyca to those clavate forms with rhizoidal holdfasts and thus differentiated it from Diaoyapolites, which has a globose holdfast according to Chen and Xiao.’
- ‘Baculiphyca taeniata was considered to differ from D. longiconoidalis on the basis of its rhizoidal rather than globose holdfast; however, the difference in holdfasts is probably preservational.’
- ‘The spherically symmetrical zygote then selects and elaborates an axis, visibly breaking symmetry by producing a rhizoidal bulge at about 10 h after fertilization.’
- ‘These include clavate ribbons with a rounded upper end and a somewhat pointed lower end, but devoid of any rhizoidal holdfast structures; such ribbons may be poorly preserved Baculiphyca taeniata.’
- ‘After harvesting, whole algae were extensively washed with natural seawater to remove any attached sand and the rhizoidal portions were removed to avoid microbial contamination in the following culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.