Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Plastic surgery performed on the nose.‘rhinoplasty to straighten the nose’[count noun] ‘the operation was more costly than a simple rhinoplasty’
- ‘Other procedures available are otoplasty (ear correction), rhinoplasty, liposculpture, penile enhancement and face, neck and brow lifts to name but a few.’
- ‘The rhinoplasty her Daddy bought her for her Sweet Sixteen went horribly awry and left her with a nose looking like something out of Star Trek.’
- ‘Other surgeries can include: suction-assisted lipoplasty of the waist, rhinoplasty, facial bone reduction, face-lift, and blephroplasty.’
- ‘They both get rhinoplasty, chin implants and porcelain veneers, in the hopes that all the facial overhauling - and massive pain that they suffer - will ultimately help them with their dreams of becoming movie stars.’
- ‘Sinus surgery was the majority of his cases, but he did some rhinoplasty.’
- ‘In the TV version, contestants are made-over from head to toe, from liposuction to rhinoplasty.’
- ‘To resemble Pitt, the brothers undergo rhinoplasty, receive chin implants, and obtain porcelain veneers.’
- ‘The reality is that rhinoplasty surgeons will continue to display pre- and post-operative photographs that inadvertently misrepresent their results.’
- ‘For instance, a classic rhinoplasty in China aims at making the nose higher by using nasal implants.’
- ‘Asian rhinoplasty is different to other parts of the world.’
- ‘For Tailia Santo, the rhinoplasty that changed her nose wasn't her first surgery; she had already had breast implants.’
- ‘Seltzer investigated two different doses of bromelain in patients undergoing rhinoplasty.’
- ‘Dr. Goldman's enthusiasm for rhinoplasty was intriguing to Dr. Simons.’
- ‘After all, we're not talking bronzer and rhinoplasty here.’
- ‘Young teenagers, the group which is most taken up with its own appearance, are not ideal candidates for rhinoplasty, or most cosmetic surgery for that matter.’
- ‘Each procedure involved a teenager having rhinoplasty.’
- ‘This paper has not explored the nuances of varying angles for lateral views but the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is only too aware that small angle changes on the lateral view can emphasize or de-emphasise small dorsal humps.’
- ‘The doc says it's no worry 'cause it is a common aftereffect of rhinoplasty and should go away pretty soon.’
- ‘For instance, if I'd worn a metal nose cone throughout my childhood I might have saved myself thousands of pounds in costly rhinoplasty.’
- ‘Breast implants are common, as are cheek implants and rhinoplasty.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.