One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose, caused by a virus infection (e.g. the common cold) or by an allergic reaction (e.g. hay fever).
- ‘Children exposed to pets in their first year of life suffer less frequently from allergic rhinitis and asthma.’
- ‘Many sufferers of allergic rhinitis have other allergies such as eczema, urticaria, or asthma.’
- ‘Many physicians make a presumptive diagnosis of allergic rhinitis based on the medical history.’
- ‘The risk of asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic dermatitis was also significantly higher.’
- ‘Allergic rhinitis is most commonly caused by grass pollen, but tree and weed pollens and mould spores can also cause attacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.