Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of rheumatism, arthritis, and other disorders of the joints, muscles, and ligaments.
- ‘On an established test of medical literacy, 15% of patients attending one hospital rheumatology clinic were found to be illiterate.’
- ‘Dr. Handelsman, a specialist in rheumatology and internal medicine, examined Ms. Mitchell in July 2001 at Dr. Chin's request.’
- ‘There is a four year waiting list for rheumatology in the Western Health Board.’
- ‘Referral to specialties such as orthopaedics, rheumatology, or maxillofacial surgery was linked to the small minority of patients with pain or sensory symptoms as the initial symptom.’
- ‘They recruited more than 100 patients who met American College of Rheumatology criteria for fibromyalgia from referrals to a London teaching hospital's rheumatology clinic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.