Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints and resulting in painful deformity and immobility, especially in the fingers, wrists, feet, and ankles.Compare with osteoarthritis
- ‘Conversely, it would be possible to suppress excessive angiogenesis in cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘It turns out that several viruses can cause an arthritis resembling rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Rational use of new and existing disease-modifying agents in rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘It is associated with autoimmune illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘As with other forms of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis involves inflammation of the joints.’
- ‘It also seems to be involved in the inflammation process of rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The commonest causes of vasculitic ulcers are rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and polyarteritis nodosa.’
- ‘The arthritic diseases seen in children are rheumatic fever and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis usually affects several joints in your body.’
- ‘This may happen due to injuries, infections, or even chronic problems like rheumatoid arthritis and leprosy.’
- ‘Vasculitis may also occur as a secondary feature in other diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.’
- ‘As with other chronic diseases, no cure is available for most types of arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘It is indicated for the treatment of signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The positive side is that these drugs have confirmed that the underlying disease of rheumatoid arthritis is treatable.’
- ‘In India it's used as an oral contraceptive, a steroid and to treat asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatic fever.’
- ‘Although rheumatoid arthritis is often a chronic disease, it tends to vary in severity and may even come and go.’
- ‘In related news, researchers have also discovered a drug that fights cancer can also relieve rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The search is on for drugs that can reduce inflammation and limit bone destruction for diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Certain medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or cancer, can lead to iron-deficiency anaemia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.