One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to, affected by, or resembling rheumatism.‘rheumatoid disease’‘a rheumatoid joint’
- ‘She had a restrictive defect later shown to be caused by a rheumatoid lung.’
- ‘Up to 60% of patients surveyed admitted the side effects of traditional medication for rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis were often worse than the symptoms.’
- ‘Extremely high titers are associated with the presence of rheumatoid nodules.’
- ‘In 1977 my affliction was formally labeled a form of juvenile rheumatoid crippling arthritis.’
- ‘As her severely rheumatoid hands are useless, an adequate range of movement in just one of her knees means that she can still get out of the chair without help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.