Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument for measuring the rheological properties of a substance.
- ‘The bulk elastic modulus of the collagen gels was measured using a stress-controlled rheometer with a 4°, 40-mm cone and plate geometry.’
- ‘The rheology of BLG solutions at 20°C was determined using a Rheometrics rheometer with parallel plate geometry.’
- ‘The new rheometer provides an extended torque range, a new normal force sensor with high stability and accuracy.’
- ‘Viscosity Measurements Viscosity of the samples was measured using a Brookfield DV-III programmable cone and plate rheometer (Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, USA) fitted with a CP-42 cone spindle.’
- ‘The T2SR time- and temperature-scanning rheometer is a robust, portable mechanical instrument designed to simplify dynamic measurements of materials in the viscosity range of 10-1000 Pa/sec.’
- ‘The rheometer is equipped with a heating unit that allows us to maintain the sample at 37°C.’
- ‘This work relied on what would now be called a dynamic shear rheometer which was built at ARRB by Peter Witt.’
- ‘Changes in the dynamic properties of high-viscosity and viscoelastic fluid materials can be measured with a rheometer offered by Fluid Dynamics Inc.’
- ‘To improve its sensitivity, the rheometer is shielded from external magnetic fields by a cage of high magnetic permeability metal.’
- ‘The cover glass was mounted in the sample holder of the magnetic bead rheometer and the measurements were started.’
- ‘Details on the rotating disk rheometer have been described by Miller et al. 1991.’
- ‘Briefly, the rheometer consists of a cylindrical cuvette with an inner diameter of 15 mm and a volume of - 1.5 ml.’
- ‘To measure the macroscopic properties of the extract, we use a mechanical rheometer to investigate the onset of gelation, and the frequency- and strain-dependent network response.’
- ‘The T2SR rheometer employs disposable probes and containers.’
- ‘The ball-on-plate rheometer is therefore ideal for evaluating the performance of lubricants under the realistic conditions found in many machine components.’
- ‘A wide gap rheometer geometry has been developed which can be used to measure the flow characteristics of food products containing particles.’
- ‘Brookfield Rheocalc operating software was used to control the rheometer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.