One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘International festivals proliferated and ancient bonds were re-established as musicians embraced folk-rock, toured widely and were rhapsodically welcomed.’
- ‘This was not a human/pet relationship, but a friendship, a partnership, perhaps even a kind of love affair: witnesses speak of Maxwell rolling about on the floor with Mij, man mewing rhapsodically to otter.’
- ‘I crawled rhapsodically back into bed and fell into some very vivid and memorable dreams.’
- ‘But Rosette waxes rhapsodically a little too much with his sugary, cliched conclusion.’
- ‘I was actually on a plane returning from Europe this week, and the pilot at one point seized the intercom and waxed rhapsodically about the gates, urging passengers to experience ‘something wonderful.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.