One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a storage device) supporting overwriting of previously recorded data.
- ‘The video can also be output to a rewritable DVD player, although the software does not contain any specific hooks to software packages such as those made by companies like Roxio.’
- ‘If you've just gotta have one and don't want to buy a new PC to get it, there are two ways to add a rewritable DVD to your computer.’
- ‘Toshiba's new model SDR1002 reads CDs at only 24X and records both write-once and rewritable media at what is nowadays a rather pokey 4X speed.’
- ‘Maxell, for example, is planning to provide write-once and rewritable media to support RAM, RW, and + RW hardware.’
- ‘DVD-RAM (DVD Random Access Memory) is the official DVD Forum-approved rewritable format.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.