One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Within the genus Maxillaria, rewardless flowers were found in all the species of the alliances studied.’
- ‘Our army is (to use a Churchillism) sprawled in costly and rewardless occupation, its budget drained, its reserves raided, its stocks exhausted, rather than crouched and ready to spring at opportunity.’
- ‘Another possibility is that even in apparently rewardless species, food substances may indeed be present but these are located within papillae and are only accessible to gnawing insects.’
- ‘It is suggested that the pseudocopulatory syndrome in Trigonidium could have evolved from rewardless (food advertising) ancestors.’
- ‘The only humans populating these rewardless grief-scapes are pornographic female figures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.