One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See revoltingas submodifier ‘when I was a kid I was revoltingly precocious’
- ‘My bodega has started selling these revoltingly large ones.’
- ‘It wasn't so long ago that most of the food we eat did not come from revoltingly massive force-feed farms, or from fields laden with toxic chemicals, soaked in nitrogen fertilizer, and stuffed with genetically modified seed.’
- ‘Despite this, the flesh was much sought after by indigenous people as a source of food and medicine, but I couldn't get past the revoltingly awful smell to try it.’
- ‘Yesterday was revoltingly hot and I woke with lower abdominal pain.’
- ‘So yesterday I get a call from Michael at Newcastle Herald or some such Fairfaxian publication, for a bit of an interview with me about this very blog, which will hopefully make me revoltingly famous and internationally lauded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.