One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is a tireless reviser, a believer in the process of writing.’
- ‘Yeats was also an irrepressible reviser of his own poems: ‘It is myself that I remake,’ he said to readers who missed the earlier versions of poems they'd come to love.’
- ‘If journalism is the first draft of history, reporters can assist the revisers by dutifully noting their sources.’
- ‘Not a word or tone could be altered without the reviser being accused of being a modern anti-revolutionist.’
- ‘Like Bonnard, Max is an obsessive reviser, unable to step away from the canvas and declare the pictures complete.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.