One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white light at the rear of a vehicle that comes on when the vehicle is reversing.
- ‘An eyewitness said: ‘Her reversing lights came on and the back of her vehicle hit another car.’’
- ‘From the back, the clean horizontal lines are reflected in the narrow lines of the twin reversing light segments of the tidy lighting clusters.’
- ‘The reversing light is a nice touch, and I for one thought that was the exhaust pipe until closer inspection revealed my error.’
- ‘This cluster would also feature normal orange indicators and white reversing lights but which cannot be seen within the red tail light cluster when not in operation.’
- ‘Her reversing lights came on and I thought she was going to try to turn round.’
- ‘The officer described how, before he had time to dismount, the car's reversing lights came on and the engine revved.’
- ‘I made new tail light clusters which had a hole where the reversing lights used to be - the rules did not say you couldn't cut holes in the tail lights!’
- ‘I also loved the centrally mounted reversing light, which is not only stylish but makes your intentions abundantly clear to others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.