One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reverse of normal transcription, occurring in some RNA viruses, in which a sequence of nucleotides is copied from an RNA template during the synthesis of a molecule of DNA.
- ‘RNA isolation and reverse transcription were performed as previously described.’
- ‘For each RNA isolate we performed several control experiments involving amplification reactions on DNA templates and RNA templates prior to reverse transcription.’
- ‘Presumably, this 22-bp sequence was present on the RNA template used for reverse transcription.’
- ‘Second, are the introns of the progenitor gene maintained in the duplicate copy and does reverse transcription of processed mRNA play a significant role in the gene duplication process?’
- ‘Thus with the possibility of more than one round of reverse transcription of the repeat unit during RNA template slippage, the slippage retrotransposition model offers an attractive alternative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.