One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Vengeance is often more satisfying if it is not exacted immediately.
- ‘However, revenge is a dish best eaten cold, preferably not eaten at all, as it ranks as probably the nastiest emotion to which humanity is heir.’
- ‘Whoever said that revenge is a dish best served cold didn't know what the hell they were talking about.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, it was only appropriate that Arsenal's first goal came from Vieira.’
- ‘The factions have long memories and revenge is a dish best served cold.’
- ‘If C. Montgomery Burns is right and revenge is a dish best served cold, this may be one of Jenkins' most delicious years ever.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, there's nowhere more chilled than the grave.’
- ‘You know, He-Man, they say revenge is a dish best served cold, but I would much rather serve it hot.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best eaten cold, Clive Woodward was enjoying his morsel out of the deep freeze last night.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, then how come the Nets were so damn hot against the Lakers?’
- ‘Eventually, after being distracted by an unnecessary subplot about goings-on in Vegas, Jack unravels the cover-up and starts proving that revenge is a dish best served cold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.