One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Vengeance is often more satisfying if it is not exacted immediately.
- ‘If revenge is a dish best eaten cold, Clive Woodward was enjoying his morsel out of the deep freeze last night.’
- ‘You know, He-Man, they say revenge is a dish best served cold, but I would much rather serve it hot.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, it was only appropriate that Arsenal's first goal came from Vieira.’
- ‘Whoever said that revenge is a dish best served cold didn't know what the hell they were talking about.’
- ‘The factions have long memories and revenge is a dish best served cold.’
- ‘However, revenge is a dish best eaten cold, preferably not eaten at all, as it ranks as probably the nastiest emotion to which humanity is heir.’
- ‘Eventually, after being distracted by an unnecessary subplot about goings-on in Vegas, Jack unravels the cover-up and starts proving that revenge is a dish best served cold.’
- ‘If C. Montgomery Burns is right and revenge is a dish best served cold, this may be one of Jenkins' most delicious years ever.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, there's nowhere more chilled than the grave.’
- ‘If revenge is a dish best served cold, then how come the Nets were so damn hot against the Lakers?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.