One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is enjoying themselves in a lively and noisy way.‘drunken revellers brawled in the town centre in the early hours’
merrymaker, partygoer, party animal, carouser, roisterer, good-time boy, good-time girl, pleasure seekerView synonyms
- ‘Friends and family gathered and the revellers celebrated into the small hours.’
- ‘Many Olympic revellers will be celebrating the start of the Olympics at Athena's on the Pier.’
- ‘As the sun gets into his rhythm, there are revellers getting into the groove.’
- ‘And scores of revellers queued in the snow to join in the celebrations in packed pubs and clubs in the town centre.’
- ‘Elsewhere, late afternoon sun seems to signal the coming end, as it washes over a group of revelers on a parapet celebrating the suicide of the poet Petronius.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.