One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is enjoying themselves in a lively and noisy way.‘drunken revellers brawled in the town centre in the early hours’
merrymaker, partygoer, party animal, carouser, roisterer, good-time boy, good-time girl, pleasure seekerView synonyms
- ‘As the sun gets into his rhythm, there are revellers getting into the groove.’
- ‘Many Olympic revellers will be celebrating the start of the Olympics at Athena's on the Pier.’
- ‘Elsewhere, late afternoon sun seems to signal the coming end, as it washes over a group of revelers on a parapet celebrating the suicide of the poet Petronius.’
- ‘Friends and family gathered and the revellers celebrated into the small hours.’
- ‘And scores of revellers queued in the snow to join in the celebrations in packed pubs and clubs in the town centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.