One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He has proved to be a brilliant raconteur able to reflect revealingly on his work of 20 years ago, but these are retrospective observations sharpened up in the telling.’
- ‘This is a revealingly diverse gathering to mark the opening of the Human Sciences Research Council's office in Cape Town, and I greatly welcome this opportunity to speak to you.’
- ‘The author brings the Old Testament world revealingly close to our own century, and he makes vivid the notion that God's purposes are worked out in the ordinariness of specific human lives.’
- ‘Stockdale held his head in horror afterwards but, revealingly, went on to produce the kind of composed and focused performance that has typified his impressive ten-match stint in the first team.’
- ‘It was too early for business, and the Ladies of the Night, as they were called in a politer age, were sitting outside their homes with their skirts pulled up revealingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.