One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Varnish (something) again.
- ‘On the other hand, objects that were originally covered with a clear varnish to enhance and give a gloss to beautiful wood can be cleaned and revarnished without diminishing the maker's final aesthetic statement.’
- ‘It's also blissfully easy to clean and to maintain - there's no reglazing, regrouting, revarnishing, patching up, or scrubbing down.’
- ‘If the etcher wishes to add to his work the plate is revarnished and more work added.’
- ‘I had a similar problem with my cat when I was revarnishing my stair treads.’
- ‘According to Mr. Sasi, paintings covered in grimy varnish can sometimes be revived through cleaning and revarnishing alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.