One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument that measures and displays the rate of revolutions of an engine.
- ‘Your eyes are drawn to the analogue rev counter as the engine idles at a fraction of its 9,000+ rpm capability.’
- ‘So with the Golf a little bit of over-driving to push up the rev counter might be required.’
- ‘The instrument panel has been redesigned and is now a model of clarity, with the rev counter positioned right in front of the driver.’
- ‘A very small plane, on which I could watch the rev counter, buzzed me to Napier.’
- ‘After the rev counter passed the magic 2000 RPM however, the car felt very strong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.