An instrument that measures and displays the rate of revolutions of an engine.
- ‘The instrument panel has been redesigned and is now a model of clarity, with the rev counter positioned right in front of the driver.’
- ‘After the rev counter passed the magic 2000 RPM however, the car felt very strong.’
- ‘Your eyes are drawn to the analogue rev counter as the engine idles at a fraction of its 9,000+ rpm capability.’
- ‘A very small plane, on which I could watch the rev counter, buzzed me to Napier.’
- ‘So with the Golf a little bit of over-driving to push up the rev counter might be required.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.