One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The absorption by a presynaptic nerve ending of a neurotransmitter that it has secreted.
- ‘It inhibits serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine reuptake.’
- ‘They prolong the effect of a neurotransmitter by blocking its reuptake after it ferries a signal across the gap from one nerve cell to the next.’
- ‘Cocaine acts by inhibiting norepinephrine reuptake in peripheral sympathetic nerve terminals as well as stimulating central sympathetic outflow.’
- ‘Concern is growing that serotonin reuptake inhibitors may precipitate suicidal behaviour, especially in children’
- ‘The drug blocks reuptake of noradrenaline and serotonin, promoting satiety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.