One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Restoration of political unity to a place or group, especially a divided territory.‘we will strive for the peaceful reunification of the motherland’
- ‘The spillover economic benefits of reunification also have a political payoff, integrating the countries of the region in a set of cooperative commercial relationships.’
- ‘More time will give the South an opportunity to prepare for the reunification.’
- ‘In the years immediately following reunification, this empty terrain slashed through the newly open city.’
- ‘Their president proposed the concept of political integration rather than reunification.’
- ‘The commission attempted to elaborate on the legal side of reunification.’
- ‘His tireless efforts for a quick German reunification paid off well.’
- ‘The churches were important actors during the negotiations toward reunification.’
- ‘Politicians find reunification a useful issue to be exploited for their own political causes.’
- ‘The reunification of the country ushered in a "Golden Age" for the banking industry from 1927 to 1937.’
- ‘Hostility between them has lasted since 1953, despite successive efforts by the South towards reunification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.