One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The average life of a returnable glass bottle is five to ten years, with approximately five fillings per year.’
- ‘In Germany, cartons have gained a reputation for being environmentally unfriendly, and there has been a movement to encourage the use of returnable bottles.’
- ‘Those that wished to receive the box were asked for a £10 returnable down payment and told the box would arrive before Christmas.’
- ‘Some magazines, however, are not returnable and these are generally only stocked by newsagents when specifically ordered by customers.’
- ‘Lowell Paul Dairy of Greeley, Colorado, sells milk in returnable and refillable bottles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.