One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Retaliate by shooting back.‘police returned fire and wounded him’
- ‘A seven-year veteran of the army, he grabs his rifle and returns fire.’
- ‘The sheriff said three other officers returned fire.’
- ‘His fellow guards returned fire, wounding the suspect, his name.’
- ‘Troops were attacked by grenades and small arms and returned fire, killing three.’
- ‘In self-defence, the force immediately returned fire and killed the two aggressors.’
- ‘The Ministry of Defence said that the soldiers returned fire after coming under attack.’
- ‘If there is an extraction of our people, they can return fire to defend themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.