One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover (ground) or replace (a lawn or sports field) with new turf.
- ‘Over the past two years, the course's greens, tees and fairways were reshaped and returfed with bentgrass and all of the bunkers have been restored to their original Donald Ross design.’
- ‘If you choose to returf, know that turf farms have minimum order quantities and delivery charges and may only sell to contractors.’
- ‘‘We rebuilt the green on the 15th hole when we raised the fairway and we have reshaped and returfed four other greens,’ Miller added.’
- ‘The oval's surface has been returfed and a new drainage system installed to make the ground suitable for international sport.’
- ‘Bare patches can either be reseeded or returfed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.