One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Greek white or rosé wine flavoured with resin.
- ‘Tucked into a small bay and backed by steep hills, it is as tranquil as it is picturesque; even the food seems finer and the retsina crisper.’
- ‘Small cups of freshly made Turkish-style coffee are the national drink, as are ouzo - the aniseed-flavoured alcoholic drink - and retsina, the resinated wine, which are kept mostly for the evening and always accompanied by food.’
- ‘Our days in Corfu were spent in swimming and sunbathing and the evenings in the nearby taverna, eating and drinking vast quantities of retsina.’
- ‘A popular Greek wine, retsina, is produced only in Greece and is imported to the United States.’
- ‘Another popular beverage, retsina, is a white wine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.